Friday, January 04, 2008

love

"You know when I saidI knew little about love?Well, that wasn't true.I know a lot about love.I've seen it.I've seen centuries and centuries of it.And it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable.All those wars. Pain and lies. Hate.Made me want to turn awayAnd never look down again.But to see the way that mankind loves.I mean, you could search The furthest reaches of the universeAnd never find anything more beautiful.So, yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know it can be unpredictable,Unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable And, well,Strangely easy to mistake for loathing.AndWhat I'm trying to say, Tristan, isI think I love you.My heart, it feels likeMy chest can barely contain it.Like it doesn't belong to me anymore.It belongs to you.And if you wanted it,I'd wish for nothing in exchange.No gifts, no goods,No demonstrations of devotion.Nothing but knowing you love me too.Just your heartIn exchange for mine."

-Yvaine (from the movie Stardust)


i'm definitely not the best at love...definitely not good at explaining it. i know i feel it often. i don't always express it well. sometimes i express something completely different... but oh, i love love. it's pretty much what makes the world go 'round. it's why we do things...our love for something.

if we could only catch a glimpse of how great the Lord's love is for us...love would never be a problem. if we could sense for a moment the vastness of His affections for us... the world would recoil for fear of being burnt by the fire of passions ignited in us. oh, for revelation of this love!

No comments: