Friday, November 09, 2007

isaiah 58...

fasting is hard...honestly i'm not very good at it... today i had like 5 little tootsie rolls...i sucked on them so technically, i didn't eat anything, right? ...riiiight... bad excuse huh? ...i wonder if God honors attempts..

i kinda think that just seeing that I want to know Him more thrills Him... i think seeing me desiring Him sends Him spinning with joy... i think He'd bend over backwards and then some just to meet me as I attempt to detach myself from the necessities of this world in order to open myself up more to Him... and for me...just knowing how forgiving and loving He is makes me want to do my best for Him... knowing His desire to show His affections to me causes my heart to soften and my desire to be vulnerable to Him overwhelms me...

i want to be affected.
i want nothing between us.
i want to know Him intimately...

No comments: