Monday, November 05, 2007

expectations...

...it's hard to know what life is supposed to look like... but then it makes me wonder if it's not as difficult as i let it be...
jesus said we're supposed to love....love Him, love others, and love ourselves.... He already said we can show we love Him by obeying His commands.... i guess that means i need to talk with my roommate.... and i'm not really sure what else....sometimes i get stuck wondering what i'm supposed to do...and then i just try to start thanking Him for things... i know there's more tho....
and then to love others...well, we put them above ourselves, right? well... that's hard too....it's hard to have people expect things of you... it's overwhelming... and in a sense sometimes, the more they expect the less you want to give. how did you do it, Jesus? i guess people expected TONS from Him...
to love ourselves... well, sometimes i'm thinking i take this one a bit too seriously ;) ... i feed myself on the convenient satisfactions of the world until i'm bloated to the point of immobility and calloused to the needs of others and the passions of the Lord. Save me from myself and somehow bring me to a point where the Kingdom of God can Come into my every day life.

No comments: