Monday, March 31, 2008

comfort vs. challenge

it's kind of nice having someone find it interesting that i have a mid-size bowl of oatmeal smothered in honey and scattered with raisins every morning...
there's this place that over looks 3 counties a few miles out of town... i always want to take someone there just to sit and talk...i never do it. last night someone took me there...
it's nice having someone sit across the room and there's no pressure to say something wickedly intelligent or funny to get them to stay.....pure comfort....

the problem is.... my dreams are bigger than that.... and those bigger dreams are different than his bigger dreams.....
and i want someone to search me, find me, and challenge me....

i want to bring hope and healing to the nations. i want to sell myself and give the profit to the poor. i want to live uncomfortably...

i want someone daring enough to take me with them over steep mountains of poverty, into deep valleys of hunger, and through the enormous cloud of injustice.....
i want to live vibrantly, fiercely fighting to bring justice to the world and show them they're loved...

haha....even i laugh. will i ever be satisfied?





p.s. my roommate is gone for the week... i kind of like (ok..i love) having the house to myself...all i need is a puppy...or cat.......and need to get rid of all her crap....

No comments: