Wednesday, October 24, 2007

like-minded

If someone said to me, "Theresa, I will give you a little house in the country, with three wonderful kids, a great job, a beautiful husband who loves you more than you could imagine, a great retirement plan, and no more worries." I would reply with a half-hearted smile. One part disbelief and the the other part saddened... knowing that opportunity is one I wouldn't really want to take... there is some part of me that desires all those things. But there is another part of me that wants to experience the world. The danger, the love, hurt, pain, suffering, excitement, the challenge, the competition, and all the other things that make this experience, well, human...

I really do not know what I want out of life. I don't want what my family has. I don't want what my friends desire... But what is it that I desire? I desire to change things. Deep inside I want to fix hurts, help the helpless, love the unlovable, care for sick, feed the hungry. I want lead rebellions, fight bad governments, change bad laws, make good laws, stop prostitution, stop molestation of children, encourage people to help others in countries where they need help...

I wish people would find the Lord so they wouldn't keep living shit hole lives filled to the brim with smelly shit...

but how do i do that? How do I help people?
I would like to make enough money to go to varying places in the world, think up strategies and begin to implement new ideas that would change peoples lives forever. Perhaps give them the same opportunities people in America have...
I would also like to help out in America...

So my first goal. IS to finish nursing school...so i can make some money...and change things.... i honestly wish i had more time to be involved now... but due to sometimes time-wasting decisions (possibly this) and the whole of nursing...i don't have much time for much else....


-most of this written by mi hermano fantastico

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. i think i saw this somewhere!