Tuesday, November 09, 2004

let loose

so the Lord's generosity abounds as He pours out His Living Water upon me... it never stops running... continues forth until i'm overflowing...and still He persists in flooding my being... shouldn't someone get wet?
i had a word from the Lord spoken over me tonight... jason spoke of gideon... and of the flooding waters of the Lord... he encouraged me to let loose...to let the waters break free from inside of me and pour out on everyone i meet... soak everyone with the presence of the Lord... Jesus...
i feel sick to my stomach, because of instead of going to the prayer chapel to meditate on it...i went to socialize... i really did want to spend time with those people... but it was of really no eternal effect... i compromise far too often... i give in way too much... Jesus...
give me one pure and holy passion... give me one magnificant obsession... ...to know and follow HARD after you...
this passion is inside of me... why do i fear to let it loose? to let it pour forth like a mighty river... flooding the land with peace...
i'll let go.. probably have to more than once in this lifetime...
jesus, i can't handle my own life...i don't want to ever be able to... it's Your's... my desires, my needs, my wants...
i just can't take it anymore... it's like jason said, "i'm so fed up with a christianity that compromises... " i want to give up that mere christianity that looks nothing different from the world...i want to be utterly consumed by flames...
my head swims when i start to think of all this... i want to cry... there's more out there...so much more than what we can fathom... dear Jesus, satisfy my hunger for You...speak something fresh and new to me... show me how my life can make an eternal difference.
and i want to take this passion everywhere...i don't want to be afraid to speak of it... don't want to be afraid to pray to Him whenever...wherever... don't want to be afraid to stand up in the middle of lunch and proclaim the faithfulness of the Lord.... how dare i fear!
jason spoke of pursuing every opportunity to glorify the Lord... not always waiting for "doors to open"...but to serve Him every moment...with every aspect of my life... just LIVING Christ... living it out... living a HOLY (sacred) lifestyle...
Father, this radical lifestyle is really not so radical to You.... it's expected... we act like You're dead and the end of the world is never coming... we act like we're only acquaintances with You and have no interest in getting to know You better... we talk about our crushes and our problems more than we talk about You... we've jumped into the enemy's bed and fallen into lust with him... forgive our adulterous generation... forgive our unfaithful hearts...
purify us, Christ, wash us clean...make us holy once again...

stotrum for truth

No comments: