Wednesday, November 03, 2004

prayers and quotes

"Christ, we are nothing without you. we are nothing. we are but men. and what is man tht you are mindful of Him...what is man? dusht. we are born, we live and we die. but with YOU... there is purpose.. with you there is hope. there is not now and never will there be any better more worthy a purpose to live for. no one compares to you"

"i will not be selfish, I will obey. i will do everything in my power to live worthy of my calling... "

"kill 'me' off lord. it's not about me it's about you. ALL ABOUT YOU. Let me forget myself..where an I serve? where can i give? i want to sacrifice. to let go. to die. humble me."

"i think the thing i want most is just to be changed... not simply that we are challenged.. but that we are changed..totally, completely, and forever..."

2 Samuel 6~"I will become even more undignified than this."

"no soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier." -2 tim 2:4

"If we died with Him,
We shall also live with Him.
If we endure,
We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,
He also will deny us.
If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself."
-2 tim 2:11-13-

"I must be content with what I have. i must not seek after more. i do not deserve a mate. i do not deserve beauty. I don't deserve any of it, so why do i focus on these things? thank you Lord that you ahve provided me with much more than I deserve."

"anything i have done pales in comparision to what is in me ~ that i could do. there's greatness in me ~ not because of anything i am, but because of who God is in me" Grab hold of what is inside of you, and become who God made you to be!!!

"i have this power in me. i have this in me. i have the power of God in me!"

"fear is a result of pride because we believe that something should not happen to us; like we ought to be exempt or something."

romans 16:19-30 ~ "for your obedience has become known to all. therefore i am glad on your behalf; but i want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil. and the God of peace will crush satan under your feet shortly. the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. amen."

revelation 5 ~ "...worthy is the Lamb who was slain to recieve power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessings!"

we do these "sacrifices" not for us, not for the lost people of wherever. they do not deserve any rewards....they do not deserve this heaven by any means. it is because of the Lamb. because of His sacrifice and because He is who He is, and He is deserving of the rewards. He deserves souls to be saved. He deserves our very lives. He deserves everything that we are and everything that we have.

there is no reason for sin to be present in a christians life. we have been set free. we have been gifted with a freedom that no lost person has. the chains of satan, the wildes of the devil. they have no place in our lives. is it possible to go through an entire day and think of nothing but the goodness of the Lord? I know it is. is it possible for your mind to rest solely on Himand think no thought that is contrary to Him? YES! i must believe it. lord, help me reach that position in my life where nothing is contrary to you or your teachings. where my life and your word go hand in hand.

"prepare me for the things you want to see done in me"

jeremiah 2:33a ~ "why do you beautify your ways to seek love?"
j^ 2:36 ~ "why do you gad about so much to change your way?"
j^ 3:4 ~ "will you not from this time cry to Me, "My Father, you are the Guide of my youth!"?

"i had the vision of myself as the dove on the altar. the way they were sacrificed? cut down the middle, pulled by the wings, and split completely open before Him."

1 comment:

Jack Reacher said...

wow. inspiring. you left a nice comment on my blog, so i thought i would follow up. i read this entry and without reading your heading, thought immediately of james 4:8a...then i scrolled up and there it was, as your heading. amazing. and i do think your right about the nice girls...so heres to them, too! have a nice day.