Thursday, November 18, 2004

not to me...

...oh God...i delight in you...

the joy of your love...
it aches in my chest...
i just know it's going to burst...to erupt...
my seemly continous obsession with you
doesn't even compare to what you feel for me...
nor does anything i've ever seen
compare with how wondrous and awesome you are
ugh...that's why i smile...
these thoughts won't go away
thoughts of you...
what you do...
when i'm looking off into nothing..
i'm thinking of you..
dreaming of you...
my life is lived for you...
everything i do revolves around you...
what more, Lord?
i'll do anything...
i'll speak, live, be silent... die...
after all...you did the same for me...
it's the least i can do...
my entire everything i give to you...
but what is my everything?
you look my way...
what could you possibly gain from me...
mere dirt..
mere unformed clay...
but you see the possibilites, don't you?
the fruit that could grow from my soil...
the masterpiece you'd work with my clay...
it's yours...
do with it what you will
do with it what you may
just PLEASE...
i beg of you...
no matter what i might later do or say...
make me more like you...

unswervingly constant. uncontainably pure. inexpressibly holy. irreversibly passionate.

...because You delight in me...


No comments: